Software Downloads and Configuration requirements..
It is assumed that you have a working Kubernetes
cluster. If you have not done so,
please contact your system administrator for the same. It is assumed that you have the latest
(1.9.3 at the time of this writing)
cluster. If this is not the case, then the
output will differ a little. Please
download the kubectl
and add it to the PATH in order to use this tool from anywhere on your machine.
CLI by default looks for the file named config
in the .kube
folder in the user's home folder.
On the Mac it is ~/.kube/config
. This configuration file normally has the following sections,
- Current context
You can copy the sample configuration file given below and change the following to match your cluster settings...
- The URL of the API server:
- The Certificate data for the https Client:
- The Certificate Key for the https Client:
- Namespace (optional): if not present it points to default namespace
- Current-context:Your default context.